Youth Services Coordinator and Circulation Clerk
Youth Services Coordinator/Circulation Clerk – Dynamic, creative, and organized person who enjoys working with children of all ages. Must be available after school and some Saturdays. Will work closely with schools and local organizations to increase participation and encourage a love of reading. Full job description below. Please submit resume and cover letter by July 15 via email email@example.com May also submit in person or through mail at 201 S. 4th Street.
Position Title: Youth Services Coordinator and Circulation Clerk
Classification: Part Time 20-30 hours (IMRF)
Supervisor: Library Director
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Required Abilities of all Employees:
- work pleasantly and effectively with staff, patrons, supervisor and others.
- work accurately in a changing and varied environment and with frequent interruptions
- communicate clearly
- use various technologies to complete work
- follow library policies and procedures
- work independently and productively
- understand, practice and demonstrate the library’s Service Standards and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion values
- perform daily work through an EDI lens
Under the supervision of the Library Director, this employee coordinates plans and executes programming primarily for youth ages 0-12. This may include reading, performance, crafts and activities including four Reading Challenges per year. This employee will engage with the local schools and is expected to interact with other youth services professionals. Circulation Clerk activities as assigned. Meeting all scheduling requirements including: working after school hours, working 1-2 Saturdays per month, leading morning Preschool Story Time and being available throughout the Summer Reading Program. Maintaining the youth materials collection.
Requirements for This Position:
- Working within the schedule requirements
- Engaging with children
- Planning and executing programs independently
- Preparing crafts and activities
- Engaging with schools and parents
- Background Check
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with youth ages 12 and under
- Providing Youth Services for all youth ages 0-12
- Collection Development for youth 0-12
- Participation in relevant training, continuing education and/or professional development.
- Circulation duties as assigned
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking
- May lift 35 lbs., bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling and fine manipulation skills.
- Vision: near, far